June 4 Sanlam Ltd :
* New business volumes of 59 billion rand (excluding white label), up 21 percent on 2013.
* Normalised headline earnings up by some 30 percent
* Personal finance for first four months to April recorded a 26 percent increase in new business sales.
* We do not anticipate an improvement in economic environment for remainder of year
* General operating conditions are therefore expected to remain challenging with a resulting impact on group's key operational performance indicators
* Group had excess capital of 4 billion rand available for redeployment at end of December 2013 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: