Libyan renegade general survives assassination attempt: sources
BENGHAZI Libya (Reuters) - A Libyan renegade general survived an attempt to kill him outside Benghazi on Wednesday, army sources said.
A suicide bomber drove a Land Cruiser packed with explosives to the base of retired general Khalifa Haftar, his spokesman Mohamed El-Hejazi said, adding Haftar had not been hurt.
Military sources said two of Haftar's guards were killed.
Haftar has launched a campaign to what he calls purge the North African country of Islamists.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |