U.S. private sector adds 179,000 jobs in May: ADP
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. companies hired 179,000 workers in May, marking the lowest monthly increase since January and missing market expectations, a report by a payrolls processor showed on Wednesday.
Private job gains in April were revised down to 215,000 from 220,000.
Economists surveyed by Reuters had forecast that the ADP National Employment Report would show a gain of 210,000 jobs in May.
The report is jointly developed with Moody's Analytics.
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison
- Australia police kill 'terror suspect' after two officers stabbed
- Dr. Dre is king of hip hop with $620 million in earnings -Forbes