U.S. private sector adds 179,000 jobs in May: ADP
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. companies hired 179,000 workers in May, marking the lowest monthly increase since January and missing market expectations, a report by a payrolls processor showed on Wednesday.
Private job gains in April were revised down to 215,000 from 220,000.
Economists surveyed by Reuters had forecast that the ADP National Employment Report would show a gain of 210,000 jobs in May.
The report is jointly developed with Moody's Analytics.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Defiant Hong Kong protesters demand leader steps down |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border