Bayer says Dieter Weinand to head pharmaceuticals business
FRANKFURT, June 5
FRANKFURT, June 5 (Reuters) - German drug and chemicals maker Bayer AG said it appointed Dieter Weinand, a U.S.-based executive at Japanese drugmaker Otsuka, as the new head of its prescription drugs unit Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals.
German-born Weinand, who has more than 25 years of experience in the pharmaceuticals industry, will take on his new role on Aug. 1, Bayer said on Thursday.
The company said last month that the previous head of its pharmaceuticals unit, Andreas Fibig, would leave to take up the role of chief executive officer at International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV |
- Europe holds nerve as Russia-Ukraine warnings ratchet up
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles