ON THE MOVE-Merrill hires 2-person-team away from Barclays
NEW YORK, June 5
NEW YORK, June 5 (Reuters) - Bank of America Merrill Lynch hired away a team of two financial advisers who cater to high net worth clients from Barclays Capital, a spokeswoman announced Thursday.
James Clarke and Philip Weyhe, who primarily advise individuals with more than $5 million in assets, started at Merrill's New York office on May 22.
At Barclays, the team managed $285 million, with $2.5 million in production.
Clarke and Weyhe have worked as a team for 10 years, first at Lehman Brothers and then at Barclays, which bought Lehman in 2008.
Merrill Lynch did not make Clarke or Weyhe available for interviews. A spokeswoman for Barclays Wealth did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
(Reporting by Elizabeth Dilts; editing by Gunna Dickson)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut