Barnes & Noble to develop tablets with Samsung
June 5 (Reuters) - Barnes & Noble Inc will develop a tablet with Samsung Electronics America, in a bid to revive its money-losing Nook digital business.
The tablets will combine Samsung's hardware with Nook's software and give access to Barnes & Noble's digital collection of more than 3 million books, leading magazines and newspapers, the companies said in a joint statement.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK tablets are expected to be introduced in a 7-inch version in the United States in early August. (Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |