VeriFone quarterly loss narrows
June 5 (Reuters) - VeriFone Systems Inc, a maker of credit card swipe machines, reported a 9 percent rise in revenue for the second quarter as customers upgrade their equipment to accept the new credit cards embedded with chips.
Net loss attributable to the company narrowed to $23.9 million, or 22 cents per share, in the quarter ended April 30, from $58.4 million, or 54 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $466.4 million from $426.3 million a year earlier. (Reporting by Sampad Patnaik in Bangalore)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Man charged with killing NFL player Peterson's son released on bond: report