REFILE-Daimler says Mercedes sales up 10.4 percent in May
(Refiles to fix formatting)
FRANKFURT, June 6 (Reuters) - Daimler on Friday said deliveries of its Mercedes-Benz passenger cars rose 10.4 percent in May to 134,031 vehicles, helped by the newly launched C-Class and GLA compact offroader, while sales of smart cars fell by nearly 12 percent.
Demand in Europe was up 4.8 percent, while demand in Mercedes-Benz's largest sales market, the United States, rose 7.7 percent.
Sales in China, including Hong Kong, rose 30.1 percent, helped by the addition of the CLA model, the company said in a statement.
(Reporting by Jonathan Gould. Editing by Jane Merriman)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel