UPS appoints David Abney CEO
June 6 (Reuters) - United Parcel Service Inc, the world's largest parcel delivery company, said it had named David Abney chief executive.
Scott Davis, who has been CEO and chairman since 2008, will retire and be the company's non-executive chairman.
Both moves are effective Sept. 1, UPS said. (Reporting by Ankit Ajmera in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies