Navy medical center in Virginia on lockdown after stabbing
June 6 (Reuters) - A U.S. Navy medical center in Virginia was on lockdown after a person was stabbed and injured on Friday morning, the Navy said.
The attack happened at about 8:30 a.m. at the Portsmouth Naval Medical Center outside the Navy Exchange, a store that sells clothes, gadgets and other merchandise. The victim has been hospitalized and police are looking for the attacker, the Navy said.
Information about the severity of the victim's injuries, the identity of the attacker and the motive for the attack were not immediately available.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5