Quake hits 123 km west-northwest of port city in Turkmenistan
LONDON (Reuters) - An earthquake with a 5.5 magnitude struck in Turkmenistan on Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake was centered about 123 kilometers west-northwest of the port city of Turkmenbasy, or Krasnovodsk, at a depth of 12.2 kilometers.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
(Reporting by David Holmes)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Ottawa pushes for business as usual after shootings |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor