Quake hits 123 km west-northwest of port city in Turkmenistan
LONDON (Reuters) - An earthquake with a 5.5 magnitude struck in Turkmenistan on Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake was centered about 123 kilometers west-northwest of the port city of Turkmenbasy, or Krasnovodsk, at a depth of 12.2 kilometers.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
(Reporting by David Holmes)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- China rejects U.S. criticism over jet encounter
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |