Quake hits 123 km west-northwest of port city in Turkmenistan
LONDON (Reuters) - An earthquake with a 5.5 magnitude struck in Turkmenistan on Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake was centered about 123 kilometers west-northwest of the port city of Turkmenbasy, or Krasnovodsk, at a depth of 12.2 kilometers.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
(Reporting by David Holmes)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- World stocks advance on strong data, earnings