Quake hits 123 km west-northwest of port city in Turkmenistan
LONDON (Reuters) - An earthquake with a 5.5 magnitude struck in Turkmenistan on Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake was centered about 123 kilometers west-northwest of the port city of Turkmenbasy, or Krasnovodsk, at a depth of 12.2 kilometers.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
(Reporting by David Holmes)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet