Japan Q1 GDP revised up to +1.6 pct qtr/qtr
TOKYO, June 9
TOKYO, June 9 (Reuters) - Japan's economy grew 1.6 percent in January-March from the previous quarter, government data showed on Monday, revised up from a preliminary 1.5 percent expansion due to faster growth in capital expenditure.
The result compared with a median forecast for a 1.4 percent expansion in a Reuters poll of economists.
The revised figure translated into annualised growth of 6.7 percent in real, price-adjusted terms, against an initial reading of a 5.9 percent rise. (Reporting by Leika Kihara; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |