Japan Q1 GDP revised up to +1.6 pct qtr/qtr
TOKYO, June 9
TOKYO, June 9 (Reuters) - Japan's economy grew 1.6 percent in January-March from the previous quarter, government data showed on Monday, revised up from a preliminary 1.5 percent expansion due to faster growth in capital expenditure.
The result compared with a median forecast for a 1.4 percent expansion in a Reuters poll of economists.
The revised figure translated into annualised growth of 6.7 percent in real, price-adjusted terms, against an initial reading of a 5.9 percent rise. (Reporting by Leika Kihara; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin three-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- Tesla expects to boost 2015 output to more than 60,000
- Tea Party out-muscles Boehner on border-security funding