UPDATE 1-Czech Telefonica names ex-PPF man as chief executive
(Adds confirmation by Telefonica, background)
PRAGUE, June 9 (Reuters) - Telefonica Czech Republic said Tomas Budnik, a former executive at majority owner PPF, will become chief executive on July 1, replacing Luis Malvido.
Budnik joined the Czech telecoms company in April as head of IT and demand management from financial group PPF, which bought a 65.9 percent stake in the firm from Spain's Telefonica in January.
PPF is in the process of buying out minority shareholders for 295.15 crowns per share.
Telefonica Czech Republic will change its name to O2 on June 21. (Reporting by Robert Muller; Editing by Erica Billingham)
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey