China Mobile to buy stake in Thai True Corp for $882 mln
BANGKOK, June 9
BANGKOK, June 9 (Reuters) - Thai telecoms group True Corp said it plans to raise up to 65 billion baht ($2.0 billion) from new share issues, including 28.6 billion baht ($882 million) in shares to be offered to China Mobile .
True is selling up to 10.08 billion new shares via a rights issue and a private placement to China Mobile at 6.45 baht per share, a 13 percent discount to the latest price at 7.45 baht.
True Corp is majority-owned by billionaire Dhanin Chearavanont's Charoen Pokphand Group. ($1 = 32.4300 Thai Baht) (Reporting by Khettiya Jittapong; Editing by Erica Billingham)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic