Tyson wins bidding war for Hillshire over Pilgrim's Pride -source
June 8 (Reuters) - Tyson Foods Inc has prevailed over Pilgrim's Pride Corp in a bidding war for Jimmy Dean sausage maker Hillshire Brands Co, according to a person familiar with the matter.
The amount of Tyson's bid could not be immediately learned.
Pilgrim's Pride, which is majority owned by Brazilian meat processing company JBS S.A., had offered $55 per share for Hillshire which valued the company at $7.7 billion including debt.
Bloomberg News earlier reported that Tyson had beat out Pilgrim's Pride.
Hillshire, Pilgrim's Pride and Tyson could not be immediately reached for comment. (Reporting by Olivia Oran; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand