VIETNAM PRESS-C.bank vows to keep exchange rate stable in 2014 - Banking Times
The State Bank of Vietnam will keep stable the dollar/dong exchange rate until the end of 2014 and even if it has to make any adjustments, the total change would not exceed 2 percent, according to the central bank governor, the Banking Times newspaper reported.
Vietnam now has a surplus of more than $10 billion in its balance of payments and the central bank has so far this year bought $10 billion to increase the country's foreign exchange, according to the governor, the report said.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Hanoi Newsroom; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |