BRIEF-ABN Amro reorganises its Markets activities
June 10 (Reuters) - Abn Amro Bank Naamloze Vennootschap
* Increasing regulatory requirements and legislation, changing client needs as well as high technology costsprompted ABN AMRO to conduct a thorough strategic review of Markets, part of Merchant Banking, as previously announced.
* The outcome of the review is that the product and service offering of markets will be more focused and purely client led.
* Markets activities in asia will become subscale and will be closed
* In the Netherlands, markets will further expand the online product offering to commercial clients and the five regional treasury desks (rtd) in the netherlands will be combined into one centralised department
* In Europe, we will explicitly focus and grow the service proposition to energy, commodity and transportation (ect) clients and financial institutions clients in particular
* Markets will remain in the us offering products to ect clients, financial institutions and dutch clients active in the united states. Further company coverage: