Valeant to take bid to shareholders after Allergan rejection
June 10 (Reuters) - Allergan Inc's "inaccurate and misleading statements" and unsupported arguments about Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc leaves Valeant no choice but to take its $53 billion takeover offer directly to Allergan shareholders, Valeant said on Tuesday.
Allergan's board has been unwilling to meet with Valeant, which it must do to properly gauge the value of Valeant's offer, spokeswoman Laurie Little said in a statement. Allergan rejected Valeant's most recent offer earlier in the day. (Reporting by Rod Nickel in Winnipeg, Manitoba)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |