Twin bombing at cemetery in Iraqi city of Baquba kills 20
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - At least 20 people were killed when two bombs exploded at a cemetery in the Iraqi city of Baquba, where mourners were burying a university professor shot dead the previous day, police and medics said.
Baquba is about 50 km (30 miles) northeast of Baghdad.
(Writing by Ahmed Rasheed; editing by John Stonestreet)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |