Pakistani army sends troops to reinforce Karachi academy
KARACHI Pakistan (Reuters) - Pakistan's army said on Tuesday it had deployed troops to reinforce security forces trying to protect an airport academy which has come under attack from militants in the port city of Karachi.
"Army troops (have been) moved to reinforce security forces to counter (the) terrorist attack on ASF (Airport Security Forces)," the army's press wing said.
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset