Siemens says teams up with Mitsubishi on Alstom bid plans
FRANKFURT, June 11
FRANKFURT, June 11 (Reuters) - German conglomerate Siemens has teamed up with Japan's Mitsubishi Heavy Industries to look at a potential proposal for Alstom assets, the German company said on Wednesday.
Siemens said it and Mitsubishi would make a decision on the submission of a proposal to Alstom's board of directors by June 16.
"We firmly believe that we can substantially contribute to a partnership solution for Alstom which will create value for all parties involved, including the country of France," Mitsubishi Heavy CEO Shunishi Miyanaga said in a statement.
(Reporting by Victoria Bryan)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill