Japan Tobacco to buy UK e-cigarette brand E-Lites
LONDON, June 11
LONDON, June 11 (Reuters) - Japan Tobacco Inc agreed to buy the maker of E-Lites, a leading brand of e-cigarette in Britain, giving it entry to the fast-growing market for tobacco alternatives.
Japan Tobacco said on Wednesday that it agreed to buy all outstanding shares of E-Lites' parent company Zandera, founded in 2009.
Financial terms were not disclosed, though the company said it will fund the purchase with existing cash and debt. It said the deal is expected to have a minor effect on its performance and cash flow in fiscal 2014.
(Reporting by Martinne Geller in London; editing by Jason Neely)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home