US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St retreats from record levels at open
NEW YORK, June 11
NEW YORK, June 11 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index opened lower on Wednesday, as investors struggled to find reasons to keep buying with indexes still hovering near record levels.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 64.69 points, or 0.38 percent, to 16,881.23, the S&P 500 lost 7.28 points, or 0.37 percent, to 1,943.51 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 17.78 points or 0.41 percent, to 4,320.22. (Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak; Editing by Bernadette Baum)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack