Russia tells U.S. that Kiev must stop operation in east Ukraine
MOSCOW, June 11
MOSCOW, June 11 (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Wednesday that the Ukrainian government must stop its military operation and agree terms of a ceasefire with separatists, the Foreign Ministry said.
In a phone conversation with Kerry, Lavrov also emphasised "the importance of direct talks" between the government and pro-Russian rebels and the need to alleviate humanitarian problems in southeastern Ukraine, the ministry said.
(Writing by Steve Gutterman; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years