U.S. student loan refinancing bill fails Senate hurdle
WASHINGTON, June 11
WASHINGTON, June 11 (Reuters) - Democratic-sponsored legislation to allow student loan borrowers to refinance at lower interest rates failed to clear a procedural hurdle in the U.S. Senate on Wednesday.
The bill fell short of the 60 votes needed to end debate and move to a final vote.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Europe nervy as Russian assets hit by new sanctions talk
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site