U.S. Senate panel to examine AT&T plan to buy DirectTV
WASHINGTON, June 12
WASHINGTON, June 12 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee's antitrust panel will hold a hearing on June 24 to examine the proposed purchase by AT&T of DirectTV, the committee said on Thursday.
AT&T, the No. 2 U.S. cellular operator, said in May it planned to buy the largest U.S. satellite TV provider for $48.5 billion.
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Euro data hits stocks, China reading soothes commodities