Dollar-store operator Dollarama's profit rises 17 pct
June 12 (Reuters) - Canadian dollar-store operator Dollarama Inc reported a nearly 17 percent rise in quarterly earnings on Thursday as the average amount its customers spent per trip rose.
The company's net income rose to C$53.2 million ($49 million), or 78 Canadian cents per share, in the first quarter ended May 4, from C$45.6 million, or 62 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 11.8 percent to C$501.1 million. ($1 = 1.0858 Canadian dollars) (Reporting by Ashutosh Pandey in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Fiji says Syrian rebels want compensation, removal from terror list