UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Thursday 12 June
EDINBURGH, June 12
EDINBURGH, June 12 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 7 points, or 0.1 percent higher on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* On Wednesday, the UK blue chip index ended 0.5 percent, or 34.68 points, lower at 6,838.87, pressured by stocks trading without entitlement to their latest dividend payout and a sharp decline in Rolls-Royce following the cancellation of a major plane order.
* IMPERIAL TOBACCO - The British tobacco firm is evaluating a deal for assets likely to be divested from Reynolds American Inc and Lorillard Inc if the two U.S. tobacco companies proceed with a proposed combination, according to people familiar with the matter.
* INSURERS - Britain's competition watchdog will announce on Thursday sweeping reforms of the car insurance industry that are designed to reduce costs for motorists, the Financial Times reported, citing sources.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
WS ATKINS PLC PRELIM
CARETECH HOLDINGS PLC H1
HALMA PLC PRELIM
HOME RETAIL GROUP PLC Q1 TRADE
IMAGE SCAN HOLDINGS PLC H1
MULBERRY GROUP PLC PRELIM
PZ CUSSONS PLC TRADING
VOLEX PLC PRELIM
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com * BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Alistair Smout)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies