Biden pledges accelerated U.S. support for Iraq
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Joe Biden told Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki on Thursday that the United States is prepared to intensify and accelerate security support and cooperation with Iraq, the White House said.
Biden, in a phone call to Maliki, expressed U.S. solidarity with Iraq in its fight against insurgents who have made gains against Iraqi forces in northern Iraq.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting