Italcementi's bid on Ciments Francais to start on June 13
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian cement maker Italcementi said on Thursday its takeover bid on its French unit Ciments Francais would start on June 13 and end on July 3.
The takeover is part of the company's plan to streamline its group structure and will lead to the delisting of Ciments Francais' from the Paris stock exchange, Italcementi said in a statement.
If Italcementi holds a stake of more than 95 percent of its unit at the end of the bid, it will initiate a squeeze out on remaining Ciments Français shares at 79.5 euros per share, the same price of the tender offer.
This procedure will take place inside three 3 months from the end of the takeover bid, Italcementi said.
(Reporting by Francesca Landini)
SHANGHAI - Shanghai Husi Food, the U.S.-owned Chinese food supplier at the center of a meat safety scandal, won a court case earlier this year against a former quality control officer whose claims included that he was made to forge meat production dates.
BEIJING/HONG KONG - China reiterated its opposition on Thursday to a European Union plan to limit airline carbon dioxide emissions and called for talks to resolve the issue a day after its major airlines refused to pay any carbon costs under the new law.