Truck driver in Tracy Morgan crash pleads not guilty to charges
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J.
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (Reuters) - A Georgia truck driver accused of triggering a fatal New Jersey car crash that critically injured actor Tracy Morgan pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to charges of vehicular homicide and assault by auto.
Kevin Roper, 35, had not slept for more than 24 hours before he got behind the wheel of his truck, prosecutors said in a criminal complaint.
(Reporting by David Jones; Writing by Victoria Cavaliere; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash