Ukrainian forces raise flag over port city - minister
KIEV, June 13
KIEV, June 13 (Reuters) - Ukrainian forces regained control of the port of Mariupol on Friday, raising the national flag over the southeastern city's main administrative building, Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said.
"At 10:34 a.m. (0734 GMT) the Ukrainian flag was raised over City Hall in Mariupol," he wrote on Facebook after Ukrainian forces attacked the city as part of a broader military operation to reclaim territory seized by pro-Russian separatists.
There was no immediate comment by the rebels on his remarks.
(Reporting by Pavel Polityuk, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- N.Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |