Ukraine ready to pay compromise gas price in row with Russia
MOSCOW, June 13
MOSCOW, June 13 (Reuters) - Ukraine's state gas company said on Friday Kiev was ready to pay a compromise price of $326 per 1,000 cubic metres of Russian natural gas for an interim 18-month period to allow time to end a pricing dispute with Moscow.
Naftogaz chief executive Andriy Kobolev told reporters the price - higher than what Ukraine wants to pay and lower than what Russia is demanding - had been proposed by the European Union during talks which the EU is brokering.
Russia has threatened to cut off supplies to Ukraine if it fails to start paying off its debts by Monday. (Reporting by Pavel Polityuk and Natalia Zinets, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor