Quake of 6.4 magnitude detected northwest of Cocos Islands
() - An earthquake of 6.4 magnitude struck in the Indian Ocean on Saturday, 420 miles (675 km) northwest of Bantam in the Cocos Islands, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The center of the quake was at a depth of 4.4 miles (7.1 km), it said.
(Writing by Elaine Hardcastle; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies