Quake of 6.4 magnitude detected northwest of Cocos Islands
() - An earthquake of 6.4 magnitude struck in the Indian Ocean on Saturday, 420 miles (675 km) northwest of Bantam in the Cocos Islands, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The center of the quake was at a depth of 4.4 miles (7.1 km), it said.
(Writing by Elaine Hardcastle; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Hamas defends Gaza ambush blamed for ending ceasefire |
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight