Rosneft reports fatal fire at Achinsk oil refinery in Siberia
MOSCOW, June 15
MOSCOW, June 15 (Reuters) - A fire at a Russian oil refinery in eastern Siberia caused fatalities and injuries, owner Rosneft said on Sunday.
The fire at the 140,000-barrel per day Achinsk refinery in the Krasnoyarsk region broke out at a fractionation unit, the company said, without specifying the number of casualties.
An Emergencies Ministry official said that the fire was "localised", declining to comment on the death toll.
It was not immediately clear whether output had been disrupted by the incident. (Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |