Rosneft reports fatal fire at Achinsk oil refinery in Siberia
MOSCOW (Reuters) - A fire at a Russian oil refinery in eastern Siberia caused fatalities and injuries, owner Rosneft said on Sunday.
The fire at the 140,000-barrel per day Achinsk refinery in the Krasnoyarsk region broke out at a fractionation unit, the company said, without specifying the number of casualties.
An Emergencies Ministry official said that the fire was "localised", declining to comment on the death toll.
It was not immediately clear whether output had been disrupted by the incident.
(Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |