Soccer-Argentina lead Bosnia 1-0 at halftime
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Argentina led Bosnia 1-0 at halftime in their World Cup Group F match on Sunday thanks to a third-minute own goal by Bosnia defender Sead Kolasinac.
The fastest own goal in World Cup finals history came when Kolasinac unluckily diverted the ball into his own net after Lionel Messi's free kick was headed on by Marcos Rojo.
(Reporting by Ed Osmond, editing by Ken Ferris)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentine debt talks down to the wire to avert default
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |