California assembly passes $156.4 billion budget bill
June 15 (Reuters) - The California State Assembly approved a $156.4 billion budget bill on Sunday in 55-24 vote.
The spending bill includes funding for a controversial high-speed rail project, as well as money for pre-K education for low-income children, while also chipping away at the state's debt.
(Editing by Dan Grebler)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years