BRIEF-FCA fines Credit Suisse, Yorkshire Building Society for financial promotions failures
June 16 (Reuters) - Financial Conduct Authority (FCA):
* Financial Conduct Authority fines Credit Suisse and Yorkshire Building Society for financial promotions failures
* If CSI's processes had included such a review, this may have resulted in problems with product brochure being remedied earlier (corrects source to FCA not Credit Suisse)
* CSI was fined £2,398,100 and YBS's fine was £1,429,000.
* CSI and YBS knew that chances of receiving maximum return were close to zero but they nevertheless highlighted this as a key promotional feature of product. This was unacceptable."
* Today's fines are first time that FCA has taken action against both manufacturer of a product and its distributor simultaneously.
* Both firms agreed to settle at an early stage of FCA's investigation and therefore received a 30 pct settlement discount
* Maximum return figure was given undue prominence in both CSI's product brochures for cliquet product
* FCA found that CSI failed to have a procedure in place for a complete review of their long running promotions on a periodic basis
Trending On Reuters
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video