Mitchells & Butlers acquires Orchid Group for 266 mln stg
LONDON, June 16
LONDON, June 16 (Reuters) - Pub group Mitchells & Butlers said on Monday it acquired rival operator Orchid Group for 266 million pounds in cash, in a deal which it expects to lead to a double digit boost to earnings.
The company, which operates pubs such as All Bar One, said last month it was in exclusive talks to buy the majority of the activities of Orchid.
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped