Mitchells & Butlers acquires Orchid Group for 266 mln stg
LONDON, June 16
LONDON, June 16 (Reuters) - Pub group Mitchells & Butlers said on Monday it acquired rival operator Orchid Group for 266 million pounds in cash, in a deal which it expects to lead to a double digit boost to earnings.
The company, which operates pubs such as All Bar One, said last month it was in exclusive talks to buy the majority of the activities of Orchid.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown