Five Pakistani soldiers killed in bomb attack on army convoy
MIRANSHAH Pakistan (Reuters) - At least five Pakistani soldiers were killed when a roadside bomb hit an army convoy in North Waziristan, intelligence sources said, in the first insurgent attack against state troops since the start of an army offensive a day earlier.
"It was an improvised explosive device," said one intelligence official. "Five soldiers were killed and four wounded."
(Reporting by Haji Mujtaba Writing by Maria Golovnina; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt