VIETNAM PRESS-Banks may charge for cash deposits, withdrawals - Vietnam News
Cash deposits and withdrawals at banks would be charged if the State Bank of Vietnam's draft on cash transactions gets approval, part of a government plan to reduce cash payments, the Vietnam News newspaper reported.
The draft has been announced and is now pending public feedback, the report said.
Vietnam's cash transactions were cut to 12 percent of the total money supply in 2013, from 20.3 percent in 2004.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Hanoi Newsroom; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter