Ashtead Group says well positioned for further growth
June 17 (Reuters) - British equipment rental company Ashtead said it was well positioned for further growth in the coming years after it posted a 50 percent rise in full-year pretax profit.
The company, which saw strong performances in both the United States and Britain, said underlying pretax profit rose to 362.1 million pounds ($608 million) from 245.4 million a year earlier, beating its guidance that it would hit the upper end of analyst expectations.
Analysts had forecast an annual profit of 328-350 million pounds. ($1 = 0.5956 British Pounds) (Reporting by Li-mei Hoang, Editing by Paul Sandle)
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison