First Quantum to acquire Lumina for about C$470 mln
TORONTO, June 17
TORONTO, June 17 (Reuters) - First Quantum Minerals Ltd said on Tuesday it has agreed to acquire Lumina Copper Corp for about C$470 million ($433 million), in a bid to win control of its Taca Taca copper project in Argentina.
The project, located about 120 kilometers (75 miles) east of the world's largest copper mine Escondida in Chile, has an indicated mineral resource estimate of about 21.15 billion pounds of copper.
($1 = 1.0853 Canadian Dollars) (Reporting by Euan Rocha)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief