Three Monte Paschi shareholders lend stakes until July 3-Consob
MILAN, June 17
MILAN, June 17 (Reuters) - Two Latin American investors and the Monte dei Paschi foundation have lent almost all their respective stakes in the Tuscan bank to third parties until July 3, according to a filing published by Italian market regulator Consob on Tuesday.
Monte dei Paschi is in the second week of a highly dilutive 5-billion euro rights issue with a drastic shortage of new shares disrupting trading.
The three shareholders have a combined holding in the bank of 9 percent. Consob did not say who borrowed the shares. (Reporting by Silvia Aloisi; editing by Francesca Landini)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- After clashes, Hong Kong students, government stand their ground before talks |
- Solid data, earnings push world stocks higher