CVC to buy Spanish private hospital stake from Doughty Hanson
MADRID, June 17
MADRID, June 17 (Reuters) - CVC Capital Partners will buy a 61 percent stake in Spanish hospital group Quiron from fellow private equity firm Doughty Hanson and merge the company with its other Spanish medical group IDC, Quiron said on Tuesday.
Private healthcare groups are taking hold in Spain following cuts to health and education spending by the government as it tries to hit tough budget targets.
Quiron did not give any financial details for the deal, which it said was expected to be completed this month.
The new group will manage 40 hospitals and will employ 17,000, it added. ($1 = 0.7345 euros) (Reporting By Andres Gonzalez; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor