AT&T to be exclusive carrier for Amazon smartphone - WSJ
(Reuters) - AT&T Inc will exclusively carry Amazon.com Inc's long-rumored smartphone that is expected to be launched on Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the plans.
Amazon.com revived speculation about its next major product earlier this month, using a mysterious YouTube video and website post to announce a June 18 "launch event" in Seattle to be hosted by Chief Executive Jeff Bezos.
The Journal and several tech blogs have reported that Amazon may be working on a phone with a three-dimensional display.
AT&T was the exclusive partner of Apple Inc when it launched the iPhone in 2007.
(Reporting by Abhirup Roy in Bangalore; Editing by Ted Kerr)
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |