Tornado kills one, injures 16 in Nebraska town: sheriff
(Reuters) - One person was confirmed dead and 16 injured from a tornado that struck the northeastern Nebraska town of Pilger on Monday, Stanton County Sheriff Michael Unger said.
Unger told Reuters the injured were taken to a hospital in nearby Norfolk, Nebraska. He said he did not know the nature or severity of the injuries.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory