SunTrust to pay nearly $1 billon for mortgage origination practices
WASHINGTON, June 17
WASHINGTON, June 17 (Reuters) - SunTrust Mortgage Inc has agreed to pay $968 million to settle a U.S. federal probe into allegations of mortgage origination, servicing and foreclosure abuses, the U.S. Justice Department said on Tuesday.
SunTrust, the seventh largest mortgage servicer, disclosed in October it had set aside $1.2 billion to settle the probe.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- World stocks advance on strong data, earnings