Chinese banks to expand operations in Britain - Premier Li
LONDON, June 18
LONDON, June 18 (Reuters) - Chinese banks will further expand their businesses in Britain, the country's Premier Li Keqiang said on Wednesday after a meeting with the UK's finance minister George Osborne.
"I had talks with the British government and the Prime Minister Cameron," Li told reporters.
"The two sides agreed that we will further expand Chinese banks businesses in London and we designated the China Construction Bank as the RMB clearing bank in London." (Reporting by David Milliken, Writing by Kate Holton, Editing by Belinda Goldsmith)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base